BEFORE YOU BEGIN
Prepare your surface (surface must be smooth) for chalkboard paint as you would any other surface for painting. Make sure the area is dirt and oil free as well as free from any holes. If the wall has texture to it, you will want to sand it (#302 sandpaper) down for best results.
Apply the Candy Chalkboard Paint in area temperature should be above 15°C, below 42°C, and humidity below 85%.
An airless sprayer also works well for large surface. Sprayer should be set up for the thickest paint setting or paint may also be thinned with no more than 10% water.
Mark Off Area : Always use painter's tape to cover moldings or trim in any area you want to paint with Candy Chalkboard Paint. If you are only painting one part of a wall, for example just making a small chalkboard rectangle on a kitchen wall for notes or a calendar, then use tape to mark the area you want to paint.
• Be sure to thoroughly shake/stir until the paint is completely mixed.
• We recommend painting a small space at a time (1m x 1m).
• Apply a liberal amount of paint with the roller (DO NOT OVERWORK).
• When the paint is dry to the touch, approximately 2 hours under 25°C ~ 30°C), you may apply the next coat.
• Continue applying coats until the entire contents of the container are applied to the recommended area of overage.
• After your last coat, allow paint to cure for 24 hours before using chalk on the surface.
The surface can be cleaned with a slightly damp cloth after the surface has cured for 1 week.
Just apply the same care as you would with latex paint if repaint of the chalkboard surface is needed.
FOR BEST RESULT: CHALK
Not every chalk is the same. Use soft, dustless chalks. Do not use those with wax or oil as the color may stain on the paint.
We recommend to use lighter color chalk when possible. Deep color chalks contain high amounts of pigments & wax and will leave streaks or shadows when erased, especially on light color chalkboard colors. All our colors are designed to work best with white chalk.
Q: How to apply Chalkboard Paint?
A: You can apply Chalkboard Paint using a brush or a roller. For best results, we recommend using a mohair roller. Apply Chalkboard Paint over a primed or previously coated surface.
Q: What surface can I apply Chalkboard Paint onto?
A: Chalkboard Paint is suitable for use on plaster, wallboards, wood, metal, plastic and concrete.
Q: Can I apply on glass or tiles ?
A: Please primer the glass or tiles before apply Candy Chalkboard Paint.
It there is Candy Paint local partner in your city, they can give you a Candy Chalkboard Paint that is able to paint directly on glass / tiles.
Q : Are there different colors?
A : Candy Chalkboard Paint standard color is Black and Dark Green
It can also have custom color based on NCS color code.
Q : Are there different sizes ?
A : Candy Chalkboard Paint is available in 1 sqm, 2 sqm, 3sqm, and 12 sqm kits.
We supply custom size for projects, please consult your local Candy Paint Asia partners in your country or firstname.lastname@example.org
Q: How should I clean my Chalkboard surface?
A: Use only microfiber cloth to clean your surface. Do NOT use standard blackboard dusters as it create a lot of stain.
• No VOC
• No Odour
• In case of contact with skin, rinse skin with warm soapy water.
• In case of contact with eyes, thoroughly rinse with clean water and seek medical advice.
• Keep out of reach of children.
• Ensure room is adequately ventilated during application and drying.
• For detailed safety information, email email@example.com to request our MSDS.